Embassy Document Services

Expert Visa and Passport Service

Travel Visa and Passport Expediting Services

Requirements for obtaining a Student Visa for China

China Expedited Visa Service

Country: China

Visa Type: Student

The following are required to obtain a Student Visa for China


  • Complete and return this form with all required information.

EDS Service Request Application Form


  • Original signed passport valid for at least 6 months beyond stay.
  • Your passport must have at least 1 clear blank visa pages available for the visa stamp(s).
  • EDS can obtain passport services for you on your behalf if needed. Please see our PASSPORT section.


    September 16, 2011!!! All applications must be typed. Do not leave any fields blank. If not applicable, write "N/A". Hand written forms or altered forms will not be accepted. Please note that if you send an old form or a new form with hand written corrections or blank fields, you will be charged $10 to re-do the application starting September 26th.
  • Non-US citizens will also need to complete the additional form below.
China Visa Application
China Visa Application - Additional Form for Non-US Citizens


  • One recent 2" X 2" passport type photograph, in color, front view, and with a plain light background.


  • A Letter of Invitation from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.


None Required


  • Proof of Departure: Computer generated flight itinerary from the airline or a travel agency, copy of airline ticket or a corporate letter stating travel plans.
  • A signed letter on the travel agency letterhead confirming round-trip booking may also be submitted.
  • Other Forms: An approved Foreign Student Visa Application Form (JW201 or JW202) issued by the authorized Chinese unit, and an enrollment letter from the Chinese school.
  • An applicant who was born in China is required to submit his /her Chinese passport or last foreign passport with a Chinese visa when he/she  applies for a Chinese visa with a new foreign passport. 
  • All NON-US Passport Holders must include a photocopy of your green card or valid U.S. Work Visa.  A double entry 6 mo. visa will be the maximum issued in this case.
  • Non-U.S. Passport Holders only must include a copy of your health insurance card.
  • The applicant who will study in China for more than six months shall also provide a Physical Examination Certificate for Foreign Citizen.


  • Visas cannot be changed or extended. If your travel plans change after the visa is issued you will need to re-apply for a new one.
  • Also note: Any visa applicant may be interviewed by a consular officer if necessary.


  • The consulate only accepts United States Postal Money Orders for the cost of the visas. If you prefer, EDS can obtain the money order for the consulate. EDS accepts VISA, MasterCard, Discover Card, and American Express. Money orders and cash are also accepted.
  • A $10.00 surcharge is added for Non-U.S. Passport Holders.

Consular Rates

5 days
3 days
double entry$140.00$170.00
multiple entry$140.00$170.00
At Least 8 Business Days
4-8 Business Days
3 Business Days

EDS Service Rates

A $15.00 surcharge is added for non-US Passport holders.
EDS accepts Visa, Master Card, Discover, and American Express Credit Cards


When you have completed the visa application form, the EDS Service Request form, and this pre-shipping checklist, you may send all of your documents to the address below. We recommend using FedEx, UPS, DHL, or the USPS Express Mail for next-day delivery.

Embassy Document Services
Attn: Visa Processing
14908 Honey Locust Court
Woodbridge, VA 22193

All same day requests must be received by 8am. We recommend using FedEx, UPS, or DHL. Applications received after 8am will be submitted the next business day.